Monday, July 28, 2014

I Celebrate This Day

Aha! I'm listening to Christmas music and it's not quite August yet. Seems to me (peering over my glasses and pretending to be a partridge in a peer tree) that despite the general consensus that Christmas music is for Christmastime, I digress! Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ was born not actually on December 25th and He is worth celebrating whatever the time of year!

Because:


God is so good. And I love God.

While we're talking about music, just want to add that you may come across some Relient K songs which are questionable. Such as "Faking My Own Suicide" and "Devastation and Reform." The former is one of their best written songs with the worst moral. The latter.... in my head, it's a sort of grueling psalm that I very much like. Another song, "Deathbed," is so poignant, catchy, long and includes every tone you could expect in Christian music all in the one song. Ten minutes in length, it is an amazing story with a beautiful ending. Have a listen when you can! I don't have a favorite song of theirs. I love the peaceful ones, the worship ones, the random ones, the funny ones. Right now... Let is Snow, Baby, Let it Reindeer. Bring on the snow, the cold and storms. I have a peace inside my heart which is so powerful and beyond any emotional... emotions. God gives and takes away. He gives me comfort through many facets. Lying on my bed earlier I was praying out loud and praising God for God. Some people find fault with music if it's not very obviously "Christian" (as in, praise music) and I don't disrespect them in the slightest. Just for me, part of my worship time is listening to ridiculous songs by Relient K because those guys' music is what gets me up and dancing and singing and laughing, and joy is honouring to God.

I just about fell over I was so involved in singing the good oldie "Shout to the Lord" ten times over. Not by Relient K. But definitely part of my worship time! I don't set aside a certain time of day, because that makes me think of God as an appointment and, like usually happens with appointments, I miss them, I postpone them, I rationalize my current "spiritual health" doesn't justify a worship time or spiritual checkup. Strange what arguments reach through my thoughts. "It ain't the well that need the doctor, it's the sick who need healing."

Thing is, I really do need healing. Sin is a curse (pretty much literally), and it is difficult to go through storms like anxiety, spiritual warfare or temptations and not have Jesus next to me holding me tight. I usually withdraw. Always, "Oh no, I can't let Him in."

I'll tell you a massive secret..... *whispers* ..... I let Him in. Can we now forget that people might think us weird and can I SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS!!!! Yes, I am a Christian! I have been saved!

...... on a side note (because I just thought of it) the emphasis the Church places on forgiveness as part of being saved is often wrongly directed. By which I mean, we are told to forgive all the people who wound us. We're told to continue this type of "forgiveness prayer" for all our lives. Rarely are we told that the foundation prayer we spoke at the very beginning, for God to forgive us for our sins, must be continued with focus and purpose.

As I shout with joy that Jesus is my Saviour and Rock, guess what? I'm a sinner! I don't want to hide myself; I'm healed completely. Ask and it will be given. For forgiveness to be given, first it must be asked for. And keep asking. Because not sure about you, but man I sin a lot.

I went from music to the Gospel to forgiveness. Still listening to something about Santa Claus coming to town. So glad of Jesus. So much better than any superhero or some guy who only works one day a year. So glad God doesn't take breaks from working in me, sustaining me... because without one second of God's will for me to live and grow, I would not exist. His Word created me, He simply created me, and I will praise His Word forever.

I declare that God is the best of the best of the best. He is so much stronger than Satan's greatest weapons. We don't need to live in a spirit of anxiety. So let's let it go for once, unburden those shoulders, and remember the meaning of Christmas.

God was born as Jesus. And Jesus saved the world. Guess who's my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment